What to Wear To A summer Wedding
by Tanja Ayers
Modesty is the key when deciding what to wear to a church wedding. Articles worn in a place of worship should be modest and respectful. Short dresses and low cut dresses are not acceptable. It is best to wear a wrap or jacket if your dress is too revealing. You can simply remove your wrap at the reception. A simple dress or suit "with" hosiery is the best solution in a "What to wear to a church wedding dilemma?"
Black Tie Wedding
Black Tie means the wedding requires formal attire. Formal attire is a tuxedo for the men and floor length formal gowns for the women; however evening suits are also acceptable.
A nice pointy toe stiletto or strappy sandals are both appropriate for black tie weddings. However, if you plan on dancing the night away at the reception, select a lower heeled shoe for added comfort. The length of the dress will cover the height of the heel and you will be able to boogie the night away!
Indoor & Outdoor Weddings
If the invitation does not state black tie or formal you may wear some of the same items listed above however shorter dresses and tea length gowns are also an option. Remember not to outshine the bride by wearing white or anything too revealing or sexy. Have fun and enjoy the event!
Wedding guest style for her
• Informal Daytime: Short dress or suit (business attire OK for morning weddings)
• Informal Evening: Cocktail dress
• Semi-Formal Daytime: Short dress or suit
• Semi-formal Evening: Cocktail dress
• Formal Daytime: Short dress or suit. Hats and gloves optional.
• Formal Evening or Black-Tie: Long or dressy short cocktail (beading, glam accessories, wrap)
• Ultra-formal or White Tie: Long gown, extra glitz (furs, diamonds, etc.)
Do's and Don'ts for Her
• Don't wear white because it competes with the bride. There are plenty of other colors available.
• Don't wear black or sequins during the daytime.
• Don't worry about wearing the same colors as the bridesmaids or mothers. You can't possibly coordinate with everyone in the wedding party.
• Do wear something feminine and appropriate, out of respect for your hosts. Clubwear, overtly sexy clothing (deep cut, see-through, etc) doesn't belong at a wedding. If you have to ask if it's appropriate, it probably isn't.
• Don't wear opera-length gloves (to top of arm) with anything but sleeveless or strapless gowns.
• Do take off gloves to eat or drink.
• Do use good judgment if the invitation doesn't specify the formality of the event. A pastel suit or soft floral dress for daytime or a little black dress for evening (after 6 p.m.) will take you almost anywhere.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Tonja_Ayers
Wedding Tennies & Formal Shoes
The Elegantly Comfortable Choice
Tennies, Flip Flops, Slippers, Dyeable Sandals, Children's Shoes, Bridal